Explosion Proof Horizontal Float Switch (HFS Ex)
The HFS Ex Hazardous Area Horizontal Float Switch is a float operated magnet arm on a reed switch sensor stem which has been specifically designed for the control and indication of a liquid level whilst in a potentially explosive atmosphere. Manufactured in 316L Stainless Steel, the HFS Ex can be used in both high temperature and high pressure applications and is suitable for gas and dust hazardous environments. It reliably detects the liquid level and offers voltage free contact operation, ideally suited for use as part of a pump control system or for alarm signalling.
- ATEX and IECEx Ex d approved.
- Voltage free SPST or SPDT reed switch contacts.
- Stainless Steel 316L housing and wetted components.
- Custom mounting options available.
- Suitable for high liquid temperatures.
- Suitable for gas and dust hazardous areas.
- IP68 ingress protection.
- Suitable for low specific gravity liquids.
- M20 or ½” NPT cable entry.
Industries the HFS Ex are commonly used in (but not limited to):
- Hydraulic Oil
- Food and beverage industries
- Oil and gas industries
- Automotive industries
Ex CodingWith Mounting Adaptor:
Ex II 1/2G 2D
Ex db IIC (*) Ga/Gb
Ex tb IIIC (*) Db
-20°C ≤T amb ≤ +85°C
* Temperature class options to suit environment and process temperatures
- T5 / T100°C for process temperatures ≤ 85°C
- T4 / T135°C for process temperatures ≤ 125°C
- T3 / T200°C for process temperatures ≤ 190°C